Camp Summit hires seasonal staff for each summer and fall to fulfill a safe ratio of two campers to every one counselor. Most staff members live in the cabins (your "home away from home") with the campers during their one-week stay. Many of our staff are college students pursuing fields of human interest. We also work with international agencies to recruit personnel from all over the world. Benefits include salary, room and board, laundry facilities, and the experience of a lifetime!
Duties of all camp personnel
- Immediate care and welfare of the campers.
- Knowing and developing a relationship with each camper in your unit.
- Carrying out duties assigned by Assistant Camp Directors and immediate supervisor(s).
- Working with other counselors and staff cooperatively.
- Following camp standards, rules, and policies
Available Positions for Summer & Fall Camp Sessions
Unit Leader Liaisons
Wrangler Activity Directors
Pool Activity Directors
Arts & Crafts Activity Director
Nature Activity Director
Sports & Games Activity Director
Kaleidoscope Activity Director
Ropes Course Activity Directors
How to become a volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering with Camp Summit, or would like more information about the above opportunities, please contact:
For Program & Administrative Volunteers:
For Work Groups & Facility Volunteers:
Our online volunteer application can be found here.